Are we headed into a sleep epidemic? Scientist are becoming more and more aware of how sleep plays a role in our health, and with each realization comes more and more worry about our society’s relationship with sleep. We spend roughly 1/3 of our lives asleep, yet so many of us struggle with getting the quantity and quality that we need to thrive. Katja Heino shares with us her story of using essential oils to help herself get enough quality sleep a she battles Lyme’s disease. She is the author of Sleep Essentials: How to Use Essential Oils for Better Sleep.
In this Episode You’ll Discover:
- Katja’s journey with Lyme’s disease, and her personal story of how she came to write the book, Sleep Essentials, How to Use Essential Oils for Better Sleep. (7:30)
- Katja’s wellness shift and her discovery of Young Living Essential Oils. (9:00)
- How sleep is effecting our population as a whole and how we are entering a sleep epidemic. (10:00)
- What happens to our body when sleep deprivation occurs. (10:45)
- How much sleep do we really need each night? (12:00)
- What you should know about circadian rhythms and teenagers. (13:45)
- How to make big shifts in your sleep and how long it takes your body to adapt to these changes. (15:30)
- What happens to your cortisol levels when you drink stimulates and eat unhealthy carbohydrates. (17:26)
- Why you should be going to bed before 10:30pm. (18:30)
- Why exercise helps you sleep and the optimal time and length to exercise. (19:45)
- What screen time just before bed does to your body and why it inhibits sleep. (20:50)
- Katja’s best tips for better sleep. (21:00)
- How to add essential oils to your daily healthcare routine for better sleep. (23:45)
- How essential oils work inside the body and impact our limbic system to help with better sleep. (26:40)
- Best ways to apply and use essential oils for better sleep. (27:10)
- Troubleshooting- what to do when it seems like somethings not working. (30:45)
- Quality over quantity and how that relates to sleep. (31:50)
Items Mentioned in this Episode:
- Young Living Essential Oils: SleepyIze (for kids), Lavender, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Vetiver, Dreamcatcher, Orange, Citrus Fresh, Peace and Calming, StressAway, Valerian
- Young Living Supplements: SleepEssence Capsules
Not yet a Young Living Member?
- Click HERE to become a member with Katja Heino
- Click HERE to become a member with Samantha Lee Wright
- Or refer back to the person who shared this Podcast with you.
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
Recipes Mentioned in the Show:
- Awesome Orange Waffles: Add orange essential oil to your favorite waffle badder. Use 1 drop per every waffle made.
The Essential Oil Revolution Podcast features many Young Living Essential Oil Independent Distributors but is a completely separate entity from the company. Any information on the show in no way reflects the words or advice of Young Living Essential Oils. The information given on the show is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat anyone.