Wendy Myers, FDN-P, NC, CHHC is an expert in detoxification and minerals. She is passionate about educating the public on the importance of long term detoxing considering our toxic world. She healed her own health issues through hair mineral analysis and developed a unique detox and supplement program. Wendy wants to help others do the same. Wendy founded Liveto110.com to communicate her research to the public in the areas of metal toxicology, detoxification, supplements and nutrition.
In this Episode You’ll Discover:
- The power of detoxification- “The missing link.” Could be contributing to energy fatigue, brain fog, disease, and so much more.
- Everyone has toxic metals in their body. It’s completely unavoidable because they are in our air, food, and water. Examples: Thallium is a gasoline additive that causes major chronic fatigue. Uranium is common in California water.
- Metal Constipation, gas, bad breath, low immunity, hormone imbalance, thyroid imbalance.
- Mercury is the #1 metal toxicity which builds up in the thyroid and other glands that effect hormone triggering in the thyroid.
- Any skin or reproductive issues, depression, mood swings, anxiety, etc. can all be linked to metal toxicity.
- There are good detoxes and bad detoxes. Having the right testing is key to determine what is good for you.
- Body preparation and having the right binders to combine with the things you are detoxing is key to do it safely and gently.
- Wendy’s clients take 2 years to do a complete detoxification (if you do it correctly)
- IV Chelation detoxing can make the body very sick. It’s too much to fast.
- Essential oils can support the bodies natural ability to detox such as in the kidney and liver
- Minerals are the “spark plug of the body.” Without them our body cannot function properly
- Poor sleep can be linked to magnesium deficiency
- With each mineral there are different forms and some work differently than others
- Ionic liquid minerals work well.
- Mineral Supplement Options:
- ⁃Trace Minerals Research makes a good liquid ionic multi-mineral supplement
- ⁃Drukcers Labs intraMAX– has about 8- trace minerals but is a bit high in metals (unavoidable for most natural mineral supplements)
- ⁃Ocean’s Alive Marine Phytoplankton– Wendy’s favorite go to multi mineral supplement. has every nutrient required by the human body. Does not have metals in it bc it does not come from the ocean. Made in bioreactors.
- ⁃Young Livings Mineral Essence – A liquid multi-mineral supplement.
- Farmers generally do not use methods or additives that remineralize the soil, therefore we aren’t getting minerals naturally though our food.
- Stress causes a lot of mineral loss in the body, especially magnesium
- Everyone should be taking Magnesium Supplements every single day.
- How much Magnesium should you take? General rule of thumb: Take 5 times your body weight in pounds in milligrams per day. So if you weigh 200 pounds you will need about 1,000mg of magnesium per day. Wendy recommends:
▪Magnesium Threonate (great for cognition and energy)
▪Magnesium Malate (gives you energy and helps with detox)
▪Different forms of Magnesium will do different things in the body (see above)
▪You won’t absorb enough magnesium just through a spray, you need to use other forms.
- Essential oils best for detoxification support (Become a member with Young Living today)
⁃Lemon- Support liver
⁃Rosemary-Is an Iron key-leader and protects our DNA. (Many people are iron toxic due to enriched flours)
⁃Oregano, Thyme, Sage, and Clove are most known detox oils, but Wendy like Rosemary oil best
⁃Clove is also an iron key-leader and is highest on the ORAC scale (OxygenRadical Absorbance Capacity) has very high antioxidant value.
⁃Valerian Root- Also an iron key-leader
- Cast iron does not give us the right form of iron that we can utilize in our bodies. Wendy recommend red meat or duck for iron consumption. Wendy recommends enamel coated cast iron.
- Some people that look iron defiant are actually magnesium deficient and it makes there feretin levels look low
- Near Infrared Sauna facilities a deep detox better than a wooden or Far Infrared Sauna- this type of sauna is the best way to detox chemicals- Wendy uses the Sauna Space sauna (the only manufacturer of a Near Infrared Sauna)
- Wendy recommends ditching alkaline and purified waters (or reverse osmosis water) and replace with only spring or artisan water because reversed osmosis water does not rehydrate our cells. Wendy likes the Pure Effects Filters
Items Mentioned in this Episode:
- Young Living Essential Oils: Lavender, Valerian, Lemon, Rosemary, Clove, Peppermint, Oregano, Thyme, Safe
- Young Living Supplements: Mineral Essence
- Other: Trace Minerals Research
⁃Magnesium Threonate (great for cognition and energy)
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
- Wendy’s Site
- Wendy’s Podcast- The Live to 110 Podcast
- Mineral Power program– get the right testing to discover what is happening in your body.
- Detox Institute for physicians is coming soon from Wendy Meyers and Dr. Bruce Jones
Recipes Mentioned in the Show:
- From Shaina Arb in Hermitage, Tennessee
- Recipe name: Gratitude Roller Ball
- 5 drops bergamot
- 5 drops clove
- 5 drops geranium
- 5 drops frankincense
- 5 drops orange
- Fill the rest of a 10 ml roller bottle with carrier oil
The Essential Oil Revolution Podcast features many Young Living Essential Oil Independent Distributors but is a completely separate entity from the company. Any information on the show in no way reflects the words or advice of Young Living Essential Oils. The information given on the show is meant for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat anyone.