Looking for the Beauty Counter Story?
The safety regulations in America for cosmetics have not been significantly changed since 1938! There are literally thousands of chemicals being used in American cosmetics that are straight up banned from most European countries.
When choosing which products to buy for skincare, make-up, lotions, and more, it can feel a little like getting dressed in the dark. Luckily, now that we are in the information age it’s becoming easier for us as consumers to make safer and wiser choices for how we vote with our dollars.
Joining us once again on the show is Kate Doubler from RealFoodRN.com. She shares her vast knowledge about the truth about what’s in your products, and what to do about it.
Also, learn about the safe alternative to skincare and makeup that I can’t stop talking about! Beauty Counter.
In this Episode You’ll Discover:
- The top 10 worst offenders in cosmetics
- How to find out exactly what’s in your make-up and skincare products
- DIY Face cleanser recipes
- DIY Vitamin C Serum recipe
- Nourishing face cream recipe
- Where to buy truly safe skincare and makeup products
Items Mentioned in this Episode:
- Young Living Essential Oils: Frankincense, Helichrysum, Patchouli, Myrrh, Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Lavender
- Young Living Supplements:
- Other: Beauty Counter Makeup
- Beauty Counter Skin Care
Not yet a Young Living Member?
- Click HERE to become a member with Kate Doubler
- Click HERE to become a member with Samantha Lee Wright
- Or refer back to the person who shared this Podcast with you.
Resources Mentioned in the Episode:
About Beauty Counter (their story):
- Safe Makeup from Beauty Counter
- Environmental Working Group Cosmetic Database
- Kate’s Facebook Group for Nontoxic Makeup
- The Think Dirty App
Recipes Mentioned in the Show:
From Kate Doubler at RealFoodRN:
- Homemade Facial Scrub
- Homemade Eye Makeup Remover w/ Lavender
- Hydrating Face Serum
- Vitamin C Serum
- Frankincense Face Cream
- Eye Serum
- Homemade Mascara
- DIY Facial Toner
From the DIY Dugout:
The FALLGASM Recipe from Erica Stockton
3 drops of thieves
2 drops of orange
3 drops of Idaho Blue Spruce
Put in a diffuser or rollerball.